This is a very late post due to blog setup but this is my birthday month — Happy Birthday to me!; and celebrated it twice since I am living in the metro most of my weekdays. The first one is a Friday night date with my SO and the second one is a simple Sunday lunch with my family.
The funny thing is, the week started terribly and continued for a couple of days — waking up with a migraine occurs for me but luckily the pill quickly kicked in and lessened the pain. The only downside is it got me out of focus.
Birthday throughout the years
Since I was a child, my birthdays are usually celebrated together with my older brother since we’re only five (5) days apart on our birthdates; so to save money on the birthday decorations, party gifts, and food, we just have to make one large birthday party.
And with that, we almost share our birthday gifts and since video games are really popular and the best gifts for siblings, our parents bought us “Good Boy”, a Famiclone console, had good times playing some 100-in-1 games back then. After some years, we got a Sega Genesis Console and some cartridges — I remember buying a Sailormoon game for my 9th birthday; then the last time we got video game stuff was when we got a PlayStation (PSOne) console, that was around ’96 or ’97.
Puberty hits after that
We still collect video games now but of course, we have the means to buy them.
I also remember, even if my brother and I don’t celebrate birthdays together, my dad always cooks us spaghetti and chicken every time I go home for my birthday.
I’ve reached 30 and actually, nothing changed. I still do mundane stuff, but back pains happen nowadays. Did I become a mature person? No, especially not from my perspective but a lot of things happened that made me more self-aware on things.
Anyway, before this year ends I decided I’d share 30 things I’ve learned in the past 30 years. With that said, Happy Birthday to me, and looking forward to reaching my 40s.
- Life gets tough after College.
- Always take care of yourself.
- Limit yourself in social media usage, for the sake of your sanity.
- New ideas can easily forget you, write them on a piece of paper.
- Never be afraid to ask for help.
- Always try something new. Try to Challenge yourself.
- Multi-tasking gets through things, sometimes.
- Karma bites hard.
- Learn how to drive as early as possible.
- Work Smart.
- Don’t let little things get to you because it doesn’t matter.
- Your gut is always right.
- Perfection doesn’t exist. Stop looking for it or doing it for yourself
- Spend time with the people who always appreciate you.
- Be nice and expect nothing in return.
- Record your life events as much as possible.
- Live well below your means.
- Everything happens for a reason
- Make a playlist, you’ll need it when sh*ts happens.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- There’s never going to be the “right” time.
- End your day with a cold/hot shower.
- People can bring out the best/worst in you
- Drink water.
- Happiness hides in small things.
- Motivate yourself to Power Through things
- Sometimes a job is just a job.
- It’s never too late to change a life path.
- Be selfish sometimes.
- Be proud of who you are and who you’ve become.